The Appalachian Trail’s best guidebook paired with trail ready companion maps. This unbeatable combo gives you a guidebook and a full set of maps all weighing only 10.9 oz. and costing less than $100. The Pocket Profiles are a lightweight, waterproof, with point to point data reference along the trail, high resolution GPS track, & elevation profile – – PLUS, something the A.T. Guide doesn’t have – – beautiful full color topographic birds eye maps of the trail.
You won’t believe how much A.T. Guide trail information we are able fit on these 3.9 in W x 17 in L pocket profiles! Waterproof, durable, and compact. Use your A.T. Guide to study up on a zero day and carry your water proof pocket profiles with you on the trial. These beautiful maps aren’t just eye candy – – they’re tough enough to take the abuse of the trial!
The A.T. Guide, a.k.a. “The Awol Guide,” is the guidebook of choice for hikes of any length on the Appalachian Trail. The book contains thousands of landmarks such as campsites, water sources, summits and gaps. The trail’s elevation profile is included and every landmark is aligned to the profile. Hikers using this guide know where they are on the trail, what views, streams and campsites are ahead, and whether they’ll be hiking uphill or downhill to get there. The A.T. Guide answers all of your questions about how to get rides, where to stay, and where to get supplies. There are 94 maps of towns on or near the trail showing where to find these services and detailed listings for businesses. The A.T. Guide is the most innovative trail guidebook ever developed.
- 2623 Mile to trail landmarks with point by point cumulative mileage (both NoBo & SoBo) including:
- 1139 Water sources (potentially unreliable sources noted)
- 347 Identified campsites or tent-sites on, or convenient to, the A.T.
- 319 Shuttle services
- 259 Shelters include distances to the last three and next three shelters & whether or not there is tent-site, privy, and bear cable (or bear box) access.
- 1068 Service listings listed in order of distance from the trail including...
- 444 URLs for service listings
- 424 Lodging services (hostel, hotel/motels, and B&Bs)
- 293 Resupply points (grocers, convenience stores, and outfitters)
- 297 Parking areas with GPS coordinates
- 69 Post offices (off map) with hours of operation & phone numbers
- 94 Maps (for towns, areas, and difficult trail intersections) including...
- Countless additional services not included in full text listings
- 97 Post offices with hours of operation & phone numbers
- Major road and trail crossings
- GPS Coordinates & location based magnetic declination
- 232 Pages, PUR bound* with a laminated cover to withstand the riggers of on trail use featuring...
- 47 Custom icons for identification of services at a glance
- Important information from state parks and trail maintaining clubs
- Invaluable safety and best practices information
- Plastic seal top bag